Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Artistic Process Begins

Today, Rudy started sending me some concepts for Grandfather Goodspeed (also known as Fyodor, Fy, or Professor Goodspeed). We're doing a "deep dive" on Grandfather Goodspeed's look right now since his face will dominate the cover in the way I imagine it. I think once we nail the way he looks, a lot of the other elements will flow in around him.

I've included here some of the initial sketches Rudy has created. It is so interesting to me how words can be interpreted so differently by people. For, although I think each of these is roughly close to how I envisioned Fy Goodspeed, some are definitely closer. I really appreciate though I am working with someone who is able to envision and capture so many different ideas for what Grandfather should look like from the words I wrote.

I'd love to hear feedback from readers of my blog what they think. I've already polled family and friends and gotten a variety of feedback that has helped my finalize two of these, in my mind, for Fy Goodspeed's look.



Kalamazoo!



Christopher

No comments: